Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's going on lately . . .

Well, as most of you may have seen on Facebook, we have some exciting things on the horizon!

First,  Jason is set the end of October to go for his final training for his new position at work.  This is huge, because once he completes this, he will be a full certified bomb technician.  We also thought that he would have to wait until after the first of the year for this training, but it will really be a HUGE blessing that he gets to go now and get this behind him.  He will graduate December 6 and we are really looking forward to having some major down time during the holidays!!

All of this is contingent upon the government shutdown being resolved by October 21.  So if you were not already in prayer for our county and government, please start praying now!!

Next,  I will be going with a group from my law school December 2 to Washington, DC to be sworn in before the United States Supreme Court.  This is a huge honor and something I never would have imagined would that I would get to do or participate in.  Jason will be going with me and we will get to spend a few days in Washington together.  This is a first trip for both of us, so we are super excited!!  Of course, this also hinges partly on what is going on with the government shut down.

I have made the decision and commitment to participate in the Mercedes Half Marathon in February 2014.  This is a huge decision for me, as I am not professing to be a serious runner at all.  Thanks to a sweet friend, I have a training plan and I am going to do my best to fit it in our busy schedule to train for this.  Regardless, I am going to keep running and at this point, my goal is to finish.  I haven't really set a time goal for this yet, but I will as it gets closer to time.

Between work, home, running, and other obligations, Jason and I have literally been passing each other as we run here and there.  We both have more going on with work than we know what to do.  This week, I got the opportunity to meet with a sweet family going through a very trying time.  I share this with all of you to lift this family up in prayer, as I am doing.  The parents met with me to talk about their teenage daughter who is pregnant.  Their daughter is not in a serious relationship with the father of the baby and he is considerably older than their daughter.  Pray for me as I advise the family on legal issues and attempt to get them the spiritual guidance they all need.  They are good Christian people and have a good outlook, but this is extremely difficult for everyone involved.

As you all know, this is a heart wrenching topic for me.  I shared with the family my own personal struggles with fertility and my personal walk with God.  It is difficult to work through my own issues as I try to help this precious family work through theirs.  Please be in prayer for me, that God will use me to work in the lives of this family and that God will comfort me as I do so.  I know that this is not just about this family, it is somewhat about me too.  Pray for me that I will see what God is trying to show me, learn what God is trying to teach me and be molded into the person God wants me to be through this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment