Friday, October 25, 2013

Rest . . .

"By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.  And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done."  Genesis 2:2-3

I can totally relate.  Rest.  I am longing for it.  I am craving it.  Rest for my tired mind.  Rest for a tense body.  Rest for a wounded soul that has spent countless hours listing, counseling, advising and grieving for other wounded souls.  After weeks like this, all I want to do on this Friday is rest.

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.  Six days you shall labor and do all your work,  but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates."  Exodus 20:8-10

I am longing to be in the House of our Lord!  With all that Jason and I have had going on of late, we have missed worship with our church family.  This Sunday, we will be able to worship together, as a family and with our church family, before Jason is off for his next round of training.  We are so looking forward to Sunday.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28

On this weekend, I am looking forward to clearing my mind and laying my burdens at my Savior's feet.  I a looking forward to resting, physically and mentally, enjoying the company and companionship of my wonderful husband before he has to be away from home.  This weekend and every weekend, I pray for peace, solitude, comfort, happiness and rest, for myself, my family and all of you.  If there are things that weigh heavy on you as they do on me after tough weeks, I pray that you know who to take your burdens to and that you too will find the peace and comfort that I have found.

Enjoy your weekend everyone, and REST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment