Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It's all GREEK to me . . Food, that is!!

I am obsessed with all things Greek food.  Greek yogurt, Greek seasoning, Greek dips, Greek rice.  I'll admit, I am not a huge fan of lamb, but even that I can tolerate with all of the yummy goodness of Greek flavorings added to it!!

I love eating Greek when we go out.  Taziki's is always yummy and I love everything I have tried there.  Jim n Nick's has a fantastic Greek Salad that you can add their smoked chicken or turkey to.  I crave those often!  Full Moon also has a pretty good version of a Greek salad.  I know Birmingham has a plethora of Greek style restaurants and I am looking forward to trying them when we can.

Jason and I are pretty good tasters and can often duplicate what we taste in a restaurant at home.  We have made Taziki dip with the cucumbers, dill, yogurt and seasonings.  I haven't mastered Jim n Nick's Greek dressing, but I MUST!!  It is the best I've ever tasted.

Ok, so now that you know about my latest food obsession, I must tell you about a dish I made this week.  In Clanton, we have this fabulous new fresh meat and seafood market, B's Market.  If you live in Chilton County or close by, it is a must to visit.  I picked up two Mahi Mahi filets from B's, brought them home and marinated them in about 1/4 cup Annie's Naturals Organic Lite Green Goddess Dressing, 1/4 Plain, non fat, Oikos Greek yogurt, juice of one lemon, a heaping tablespoon Greek seasoning and a normal tablespoon dill.  I let the fish marinate about 20 minutes then baked in the oven on a baking sheet for about 20 minutes (until fish is flaky).  It was to die for!!  I would have eaten a whole plate if we had more!!  I served it with carrots cooked with a hint of dill and fresh pasta salad.

So, if you are like me and love all things Greek, try this out and let me know what you think.  If you aren't a fish eater, this would do just fine on chicken, turkey or pork as well.

Hope you enjoy!! Happy Eating Y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment